Have you got the skills to become a key worker at our school or are you an individual in need of a fresh challenge?
Either way, West Oaks SEN Specialist School and College is recruiting and we want to hear from you. Whether you have experience of working with children or young people with SEN or you are willing to learn and develop your skills, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Team. If you put the needs of children first and commit to our “Excellence for Everyone” approach, we have opportunities at our Boston Spa and Woodhouse Learning sites.
We can offer you:
- Rewarding work and opportunities for future career development as we have a recognised progression and pathway programme for our Associate staff group.
- An experienced staff group who work as part of a team to drive improvement and raise standards for everyone within our school and college community.
- A high-quality programme of continuous professional development.
- The opportunity to work in an outstanding school, (Ofsted Outstanding 2007,2012, 2017)
- Work in a leading-edge SEN school that is expanding capacity to 369 pupils.
- An environment that creates teaching and learning opportunities for everyone (we view the environment as the 3rd Teacher) and we are improving facilities on both our sites.
We are committed to safeguarding and we see this as the Golden thread that drives everything we do. We also promote the welfare of all our children, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Any candidates who have lived or worked overseas in the last 5 years, will need to provide an overseas criminal records check from the country/countries they have resided in, if they are the preferred candidate. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.Applicants may download application forms and information from the school website: westoaksschool.co.uk.
Application forms should be completed in full, CVs will not be accepted. Completed application forms should be returned the school marked for the attention of Liz Mason, or by e-mail to:email@example.com. by the closing date, Friday 11th September at 12 noon. Interviews will be held w/c 14th or 21st September
Permanent Posts – required from November 2020
Actual salary (under 5 years’ service) £13,781 – £14, 339
32.5 hours per week TTO + 5 training days
Learning Guides – B1 Point 4-6